Staying in the chianti area- which is the best town/village?

Tallyv

We are planning a trip to Tuscany for September & trying to settle on a place to base ourselves. We will have a hire car for the duration of our stay.

Our wish list is a town/village& accommodation with a pool, within walking distance of some restaurants (maybe a few shops too but not essential) so we are not restricted to the car& can enjoy some wine with our dinner after a day out!

Rada in chianti was one option we were looking at (&relais vignale)

Can anyone make any recommendations? Chianti seemed like a nice option to be near Siena & Florence & also for the wine tasting.

Many thanks in advance!

Radda and Greve are perfect... as would be Castellina and Panzano :)

Ciao Tallyv,

Chianti is excellent because it is very central and perfect for wine tastings and visiting wineries since they are all over the place!

Radda is also very central and there are several farmhouses just outside of town that would be great for walking into town for dinner without the need for the car.... Relais Vignale is excellent in terms of position, but it is just about 30 meters outside of the town gate :)

As you can see from Booking.com, there are several other hotels/B&Bs with Radda in Chianti that you can choose from within the town.

If you want to be a little out of the town but still be walking distance from Radda, you can also look at Il Paggino as well as the Resort Olmo as good choices.

Another good option in Chianti is also Greve in Chianti - here, I'd recommend staying at the wine estate Fattoria Viticcio. It is not far outside of town and also has the pool and wine tastings; they offer charming rustic apartments.

Please let me know if you'd like further suggestions of places to stay. Chianti is great and pretty central so look at villages, then at villas or farmhouses in the vicinity to find something close. There are many choices so I hope I can just offer a starting point! Hope you're enjoying the planning! :)

Thanks for much for your reply - this is really helpful. Relais Vignale was on our short list and i'll look into the others!