Anniversary Trip Recommendations??

mikeyditka

My wife and I are heading to Italy for our 10th anniversary. Flying into Rome and leaving from Venice. We are looking to spend 3 or so days in the Tuscan region (visit to Florence is separate). We will be renting a car to get around. Any suggestions on a smaller town + hotel or a resort to stay in. We're not interested in small B&Bs or renting a villa. Something with a restaurant in it or within walking distance. Price range is middle. Not super expensive, but not cheap either.

Thanks for any help, really looking to make it a wonderful trip.

for 10th anniversary, definitely go for romantic!!

Ciao Mikeyditka,

Congrats on the upcoming anniversary!!

How about a very romantic stay at a Tuscan B&B within a medieval village with a few restaurants in the small town you can choose from? Take a look at Palazzo Malaspina in San Donato in Chianti.

Another option would be this relais farmhouse with rustic but romantic rooms with pool and restaurant on the estate. The estate Poggio Borgoni also produces wines and olive oils that you'll enjoy at the restaurant.
Take a look at their special offers, you might find something interesting.

Another suggestion would an apartment: this in particular is located within the medieval tower of the Sonnino castle. Today the estate produces wine and olive oil as its main activities. You can take advantage of the restaurant on the estate.
Romitorio di Serelle also has apartments for 2 and a small tavern on the estate. Castellina in Chianti, where there are several other restaurants, while not within walking distance, is just 10 minutes away by car.

As to price, I cannot tell what period you're coming in and so just know that the year is divided by low, mid and high season and many will have higher rates in the period you might be looking at.

Also all of these except for the last one (Serelle) offer stays of less than a week even in high season, which is actually something important to check since many apartments in farmhouses or villas in Tuscany only rent by the whole week during high season. So I've listed ones that don't have this limitation which should make it easier for you to enjoy both Tuscany and Florence during your trip!! :) It sounds like you'll have an amazing trip and congrats again! let me know if you would like more recommendations.... once you've started looking at what's available, sometimes you know a little better what type of place you'd like so if I can help, let me know!!