Which village to stay in..? please help

mckernankate

Hi,
I was really hoping someone might be able to help. We're looking to book 2 weeks away in the chianti region next Summer but are unsure which village/town to choose.

Were looking for a villa/apartment for 2 with a pool that is walking distance from a village/town so we can eat out and shop for food so somehwre that has a little bit going on ... We are happy to visit ANYWHERE as it all looks beautiful.

Any help would be really appreciated

Many thanks,
Kate

Re: Which village to stay in..?

Hi Kate and welcome to our Forum!

Chianti is a quite wide area.
To choose the best base for your holiday, I would suggest you to also consider your plans.
Are you going to stay in the surroundings of your accommodation or want to travel to different destinations?

Will you have a car or use local transport?

Re: Which village to stay in..?

Hi Christina,

Thank you very much for coming back to me

We're looking to stay for 2 weeks but will be driving round each day to tour the region

Panzano, Greve etc look nice

Thanks
Kate

Hello again Kate!

Greve in Chianti is a really nice and quiet village. It would be a good base for your trip. It's the first major town of Chianti you can reach driving from
Florence to Siena. Panzano is a very characteristic hamlet, a must-see sight but smaller than Greve.

Accommodations with pool are often located in the countryside and not at a walking distance from the city or shops. If you really like an accommodation (the Chianti area is plenty of beautiful farmhouses) you can consider to use the car to reach the nearest village and eat out or shop for some food.

I would suggest you to start your research from this accommodations in Greve in Chianti and surroundings: http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/greve-in-chianti-accommodation/ and here for some
lovely Chianti farmhouses: http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/chianti-farmhouses/ .

I hope this can help you. For more specific suggestions about accommodations, it could be useful to know your budget.