8 Days in Tuscany in October - Budget Accomodation

hellfire2260

Hi Everyone,

We booked some tickets to Pisa from 12 to 20 October, having in mind that we will stay on the campsites.
Only just now I realised that THERE ARE NO CAMPSITES open in October?
Please correct me if I am wrong. I have contacted several places and they all close September 30th!

If campsite is not an option, would you be able to recommend something nice on the budget? Or would you recommend sticking with AirBnB and alikes.

Also, how about spending night in Apuane Alps? Refugee Camps still open? Do I need to take a tent (would be pointless if I can't get a campsite) :)

PS. We will have a rental car for duration of holiday

Any advice highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dawid

Hello Dawid and welcome to our Forum!

I suppose some campsites are closed during Autumn and Winter but not all.
Which areas/cities are you going to visit during your trip?

Hi Everyone,

Also, how about spending night in Apuane Alps? Refugee Camps still open? Do I need to take a tent (would be pointless if I can't get a campsite) :)

Campings on the sea side of Apuan Alps are mostly depending on the holiday season thus they close at the end of Summer; you can try to contact a campsite near Castelnuovo Garfagnana, inner side of Apuan Alps. You can get there by train from Lucca, line Lucca-Aulla.
check here https://plus.google.com/111563952803706419039/about?gl=it&hl=en

You can find an open hut in the northern Apuans (Rifugio Carrara, always open): the site is nice but not amazing.
Other huts are commonly open on Friday to Sunday, you can stay in the winter shelter for free.
I can suggest:
Rifugio Del Freo, sea side, reach Levigliani from Seravezza by bus then walking, you will need the whole day, nice place
Rifugio Nello Conti, sea side, bus to Resceto then walking for 3h, wild place
Rifugio Forte dei Marmi, sea side, the easiest to reach, very nice place
Rifugio Rossi, inner side, from Gallicano not easy to reach, my preferred hut, wild place

Enjoy :)

Ah... in this season you can put this tent everywhere, close to the huts you have some more chance to find some water.
Don't miss the chestnut local festivals in the region.