Need Help w/Accomodations for Large Group In the Chianti Region

dtbrent00

Hi!

I am so excited to have found this forum!

My family and friends are traveling to Tuscany next summer for 7-10 days. Some of us are planning to stay for 3-4 additional days but head to Rome.

There's so much information that now I'm in information overload and need help!

I am looking for accomodations for 22 people (ages 13-60) in the Chianti region. Most of the group are foodies and wine lovers and want to tour as many wineries as we can and enjoy the food of the region. We'd like to stay some place centrally located that is accessible to a train and to be able to visit Florence, Siena and the smaller towns in the area. We also would love to spend some time in San Gimignano and even Bologna (is that possible?). We want to make the most of our time there. Any suggestions are welcomed. ;)

Here's our need:
o Accommodations for 22 people
o 11-12 double bedrooms (most two to room)
o Ensuite bathrooms preferred
o We are interested in having dinner prepared
o Apartments would work also but we would love a large enough space to have dinner and hang out as a group
o Looking for a place that's centrally located for touring, train station to go into Rome, Venice, Naples or other neighboring cities.

Thanks in advance for the much needed help!

Accomodations for Large Group In the Chianti Region

Ciao Dtbrent00 and welcome to the Forum!

I love your idea to travel with your family and friends, I'm sure you're going to have a great time in Italy.

However I understand that put together a large group, organize their activities and transfers is not easy.

The Chianti area is a lovely place and with no doubt is perfect for foodies and wine lovers but not very well connected by public transport.

I suggest you to look at this useful article about moving around in Chianti here: http://www.chianti.com/moving-around-chianti/tips-getting-around-chianti.html .

My personal advice would be to consider to rent a bus or minivan and be independent in moving around the area.

Concerning the accommodations, I've found some options, from which you can start your research. I suppose that contacting directly the owners you should have the best offer for your group.

This lodgings are all situated in the Chianti area :

Castello di Cabbiavoli is a charming and large farmhouse, very close to the town of Castelfiorentino

Romitorio di Serelle has nice apartments, a restaurant and also offers wine tastings

Tenuta Moriano is a large property, with wide open spaces

Villa Poggio di Gaville has rooms and a good restaurant

Villa Le Torri is a family-run vacation home with many apartments

I hope it helps!