Moving to Tuscany for 1 year. Long-term rental of house/villa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marius Mathisen

Hi there.

Me and my girlfriend are considering to move to Tuscany for one year, 2014 to 2015. We want to rent a house/villa in Tuscany for long-term. From what I have read, Pistoia might be a good place to rent, becouse it will be cheaper. Does anyone have any experience with long-term renting in Tuscany and some tips on how we go forward? Maybe knows of good and cheap houses for long-term rental?

Best regards,

Marius M.

Ciao Marius,

You can start by contacting these two agencies that might be able to help you find something long term at a cheaper rate than vacation rentals go....
http://www.merrygoround.org/
http://www.pitcherflaccomio.com/
These speak English so they might be the easier route to take....

Otherwise, if you know some Italian, you can go with agencies used by Italians themselves - this site lists several of the large agencies: http://www.casa.it/affitti-residenziale/in-toscana/lista-1?source=location-search

And you're right, pretty much anything outside of Florence and Chianti is cheaper - the area between Florence and Lucca and Pisa seems to be the most affordable long term.

good luck!

Good luck in firenze, Marius!

The natural landscape renders you speechless. And despite the crisis, you have to fight your way through to make a living but it´s not impossible.

Johnny.

Actually from what I've heard, if you're from the UK or other northern countries, cost of living in Italy should actually be lower and thus more manageable... although it is also quite hard to find employment here, so if you do something which can be done from a distance, it makes sense to keep it and work in that manner.

Good luck in your search!

Try http://www.italianapartmentscollection.com/en/ !!

Hi there.

Me and my girlfriend are considering to move to Tuscany for one year, 2014 to 2015. We want to rent a house/villa in Tuscany for long-term. From what I have read, Pistoia might be a good place to rent, becouse it will be cheaper. Does anyone have any experience with long-term renting in Tuscany and some tips on how we go forward? Maybe knows of good and cheap houses for long-term rental?

Best regards,

Marius M.

Hey, me and my family went in Italy last year and for some weeks we slept in an apartment for rent in lucca. Lucca is a very nice city and it's also full of history too! We enjoyed a lot the ancient walls and all the museums, but, most of all, the beautiful countryside!
And the apartment for rent in lucca are not so expensive, always cheaper than the hotels, but a lot nicer!

Good luck with the flat hunting

ciao Marius, i once again congratulate you on your personal adventure... Tuscany is really cool, amazing food, nature, the coastside... and of course all the touristic bits you will get to do once you are settled in.

Indeed websites like tecnocasa and mioaffito are very good,

You should also try Mitula Italy, very good choice of flats to rent...

Best of luck!

Johhny

Hi, We are also going to move to Italy in the first half of 2015.

We are looking for a green area, max 1.5 hours from Florence, a house with a garden big enough to keep our 4 dogs.

While going through the mentioned websites, which Comune of the Province of Firenze do you recommend looking? We really have to know which area is which.

Outskirts of a village is OK,
Country side is OK
Near a lake or closer to the coast is OK,
As long as it is max 1.5 hours from the airport of Florence.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Ciao Suzi,

Have you already been to Tuscany and know some of the areas around Florence?
Will you need to be coming to Florence on a daily basis or occasionally?

1.5 hrs from Florence gets you all the way to Lucca or Pisa to the west, Siena to the south, Arezzo to the southeast, the Mugello valley to the north (if you have to commute to Florence, I wouldn't suggest going farther than Barberino di Mugello/Dicomano/Pelago arc to the north of Florence, as those are slower roads to drive in into Florence and used by lots of commuters so even if distance is shorter, driving time is more or less the same).

Prato, Pistoia, Montecatini Terme, Pescia, Vinci, Pontassieve are all good localities, with better rental rates than Florence.. the closer you are to Florence, the pricier they will be as lots of people seek those to be close to Florence and commute in. You have a wide area, so can be pretty close to the coast as well!

Have you contacted the agencies I posted above or looked at the other websites?
Also consider if you will depend on public transportation: if so, I suggest one of the bigger towns rather than a village to be able to move around by train. Train is a great way to get to Florence, as it takes you right into downtown. Take a look at these towns on Google Maps and get a better idea of the region, so that you can search the sites with a good idea of where they are.

still looking for long term rental?

Hi Suzi,
you're still looking for long term rental?
If so let me know. We're considering renting our home that covers more or less your request.
thank you
Roberta

We are looking for a green area, max 1.5 hours from Florence, a house with a garden big enough to keep our 4 dogs.

While going through the mentioned websites, which Comune of the Province of Firenze do you recommend looking? We really have to know which area is which.

Country side is OK

Hi Suzi,
you're still looking for long term rental?
If so let me know. We're considering renting our home that covers more or less your request.
thank you
Roberta

Hi Roberta

We might be interested if it is still available. We are moving from Thailand (I am British) to Italy for a year with our 3 dogs and am looking for a place to rent for that time.

Move to Tuscany

Country side is OK

Hi there, I was wondering whether you moved? I am considering a move also to Tuscany near Lucca depending on a job offer and I too have a dog that can't really be left all day alone - I wanted to find out a little more about dog walkers and dog sitters etc, and the situation with dogs in general over there. Any advice would be appreciated. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.