Mercantia Certaldo

LeslieSmith

Hello,
My daughter and I are backpacking through the CT, Bologna and Florence in July. We just learned about the Mercantia Certaldo and would like to see it and stay for two nights. We're having difficulty finding accommodations and wondered if anyone had any suggestions. We are dependent on public transportation, as we are not renting a car. Any leads on a bed in or near the village for two friendly, well-behaved and appreciative travellers would be gratefully received.
With thanks,
Leslie

Certaldo can be easily reached by train

Ciao Leslie,

Sounds like you have a marvelous trip with your daughter coming up! Are you starting in Bologna? Then CT and then Florence?

As far as Mercantia, it would be a great experience for you to both see the street artist festival in Certaldo. The dates are set for July 17-21, you can see more details on the official site: http://www.mercantiacertaldo.it/ and read more about it from our experience last year.

Certaldo is easy to reach with train (along the Empoli-Siena line so if you're coming from Florence or Pisa, you change trains in Empoli) and so far, I found 2 hotels in Certaldo which you can see here.

Zoom in on the map to see them better, the 2 hotels are within 1 km from the train station so definitely walking distance - Hotel Certaldo and Hotel Latini.
There is a third (Zuppa del Duca) but it seems it is about 5 minutes outside of Certaldo by car, so maybe not within walking distance.

It is likely those dates will be busy in Certaldo so if you definitely want to be there, I'd recommend you book either soon.... if I find something else, such as a B&B, I'll post that on here too!

P.S.

Ok I found another one in Certaldo Alto, which is actually in the high part of town where the festival takes place... while it would be nice to be right in the festival, keep in mind that you're unlikely to be able to sleep at all since the festival starts in the evening and goes on late.