where to stay chianti

waiviv

Hi there,
eventually we will rent a car from Rome then drive to Saturnia and spend a night as i really want to try the hot spring. then we will stay 2 night Chianti and visit sienna, Viareggio and pisa, etc. Where will you recommend to stay (prefer farmhouse or places that can see the landscape, there are too many choices that seems all good, and in high rate, i need help!) Budget around 100 to 120 Euro

then we wil drive to Florence and spend a day and overnight there and finish our short trip in Tuscany, any good and clean stay in Florence near the train station area as we will go to Venice in the next morning. Budget under 100Euro,

Thanks a lot
Vivien

need more info!

Ciao Vivien,

First let me comment on your itinerary: you mention 1 night in Saturnia/nearby, then 2 nights in Chianti and 1 night in Florence.
As for your days in Chianti, I'd recommend visiting the Chianti area and Siena -- both Pisa and Viareggio are a little out of the way and you'd miss on seeing places closer to where you are. If you want to see Pisa and Viareggio, I'd suggest from Saturnia heading north along the coast and staying 1 night in Pisa to see both Pisa and Viareggio, then head inland toward Chianti to drive around the region and see the hilltop towns... not using Chianti as your base for both days. Otherwise, stay in Chianti but skip Pisa and Viareggio and see Chianti one day, Siena the other!

So before I can offer more precise suggestions as far as accommodation and your budget goes I need to know:
1. WHEN are you coming to Tuscany? rates vary on season and so knowing when you're coming would help me look for something that might fit your budget!
2. are you dropping off the rental in Florence and taking the train to Venice? just need a confirmation because recommendations would be different if you have a car or not... if you did, I wouldn't suggest staying in the center at all because you'd have to deal with the limited traffic area.

Ok, so let me know some more info on the two points above so that I can offer more specific recommendations!