Best accommodation in Pisa

MandyMoo

Hi,

I am taking my husband away for his birthday. 3 nights in Florence and 1 night in Pisa. I have Florence all organised but I am having trouble finding a nice hotel in a great location in Pisa (as we won't have a car). As this is a special birthday I want to make this trip very special so would like quite a luxurious hotel near the tower and near some very good restaurants. Any advice on both accommodation and restaurants would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Ciao Mandy Moo,

Sounds like a great birthday celebration is coming up!!

I've got the perfect recommendations for you for restaurant and hotel -

we ate a fabulous lunch at this place a little south of Piazza dei Cavalieri, I recommend it to anyone who goes to Pisa and has the time:
http://www.osteriacavalieri.pisa.it/
if lunch was good, I expect dinner will be even better. I have to go back soon!

And as far as hotel, this is the ONE I'd recommend - very central and just minutes from the tower: Hotel Orologio

To give you a few more options, there is also the Grand Hotel Duomo but it is a bit to the side of the center, but Pisa is really small so everything is within walking distance... and the Grand Bonanno.

Here's a full list of hotels in Pisa, if you want to take a more general look.

If you can't decide or are looking for something else, do let me know and I'll try to help! In the meantime, happy birthday to your husband!