An accommodation with horse-back riding and swimming pool 2-3 hours from Rome

Lappalainen

My husband and I are planning a trip to Tuscany with our three dauhgters (age 14, 7 and 6 years) on 11th-18th May 2014. Our oldest daughter loves horse-back riding (and we all love countryside) so our dream would be an accommodation on a horse farm or at least very close to one. We would also love a swimming pool and a playground. We are just ordinary working people so we are not looking for anything highly expensive. I think an apartment would be the best type of accommodation.

We will fly to Rome and then drive by car to Tuscany. Our flight back home will also leave from Rome. So the maximum driving time from Rome would be 2-3 hours.

Hopefully I’ll get this way some good ideas for our trip:).

Ciao Lappalainen,

The good news: average driving time from Rome's Fiuminco airport to Florence is right about 3 hours!
So you have lots of options as to where to stay - I'd recommend somewhere central for your entire week so that you can enjoy horseback riding, the pool, the playground and day trips into the main cities to see some art and history (Florence, Siena, San Gimignano for sure).

Definitely an apartment would be the best type so that you have your own kitchen and can decide to have some meals in rather than eating out all the time.

Here are some ideas of places that would be great for your family - with stables nearby (only last one has stables on the farm):
Agriturismo Montalbino (stables within 6 mi) - has other farm animals - working farm
Agriturismo Vernianello (large playground and activities/games, a working farm)
Podere Casanova
Agriturismo Incrociata
Borgo Isora (horses on the farm, just heard from the owner that started just this year and the site has not yet been updated to reflect it)
Fattoria il Lago (wine estate, working farm)
Podere Cunina
San Giovanni in Poggio
Agriturismo San Fabiano (working farm, horses on the farm)

Hope these offer a good starting point for your search, let me know if you have any other questions or need more suggestions!

Horse back riding in Tuscany

Ciao!
If you are looking for horse back riding tours in Tuscany I would suggest to visit la-fiaba.com.
I have ridden with them and it was good!
They do horse tours for beginner as well and do also horse activities for children like lessons too.
Have a look and let me know.

Last edited: