8 Nights in Florence and Tuscany

skonatham

hi Lourdes,

First off, thanks a lot for the great post http://www.discovertuscany.com/itineraries-in-tuscany/one-week-in-tuscany.html . It saved me tons of research time. I am just going to follow this.

The first 2 nights I am staying the Florence. I need help in choosing a place to stay for the next 6 nights.
I am thinking of 3 nights in Siena at Aia Mattonata http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187902-d1603751-Reviews-Aia_Mattonata_Relais-Siena_Tuscany.html.

What would be an ideal place to stay for the other 3 nights? And any recommendations in that place?

Thank you for your reply.

Sharat

Ciao Sharat,

Glad you found the week itinerary and that it has helped you plan your time in Tuscany!

I assume that after you leave Florence, you will be renting a car, right?
Aia Mattonaia has great reviews, and being outside of Siena, it is perfect for visiting Siena and the area to the south - the Val d'Orcia and Montepulciano.

For your other 3 nights, I'd suggest heading back north toward San Gimiginano so that you can then use that as a base to visit San Gimignano, Certaldo, Pisa and Lucca, if you want to and CHIANTI, of course!
So these are some suggestions:
Casolare di Libbiano
Tenuta Quadrifoglio
Residence Santa Maria

What do you think?

Ciao Sharat,

Glad you found the week itinerary and that it has helped you plan your time in Tuscany!

I assume that after you leave Florence, you will be renting a car, right?
Aia Mattonaia has great reviews, and being outside of Siena, it is perfect for visiting Siena and the area to the south - the Val d'Orcia and Montepulciano.

For your other 3 nights, I'd suggest heading back north toward San Gimiginano so that you can then use that as a base to visit San Gimignano, Certaldo, Pisa and Lucca, if you want to and CHIANTI, of course!
So these are some suggestions:
Casolare di Libbiano
Tenuta Quadrifoglio
Residence Santa Maria

What do you think?

I think that's great. Thanks again for the wonderful help and resource you have been.