Walking distance to a village

Tagalong71

Hello. Many years ago I stayed in a farmhouse sort of hotel just outside of Castellina in Chianti, a short walk. I cannot find it online (I don't remember the name) and I am interested in the same sort of experience, using the car to tour during the day but at night being able to walk to dinner. It doesn't have to be Castellina but somewhere a similar size. We've done Siena, San Gimignano, Pisa. Have not done Radda, Grieve, etc. Would prefer the Chianti area (I think) but open to new ideas.

Suggestions? THANKS in advance!

Have a look at Chianti accommodation, here you'll find a complete list of all farmhouses and resort in Chianti area. You could choose an accommodation with restaurant, so you won't move at night for dinner, like Romitorio di Serelle , Cellese, Colognole, Vernianello just to mention a few, where you'll taste typical local dishes.
Palazzo Malaspina, instead, is a B&B located in the old city center of San Donato in Poggio, Chianti, so you'll easily walk to a restaurant situated close by.

The ones Chiara has recommended above are all good suggestions - but if you want to stay in Radda, for example, take a look here and zoom in on the map: http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/radda-in-chianti/
I can confirm that all those outside the town are still within walking distance, such as the Olmo resort or the My One Hotel to the south. Chianti is very central and distances aren't that great so I think you'll find more choices in this area... Val d'Orcia is another great location but less central to the region, but spaces are wider.. so it will be harder to find something truly walking distance into town.