Accomodation near Florence and Lucca and things to do for 70th birthday suprise

devika

Hi I am visiting Florence city centre from 31 July to 6 August, and lookign for somewhere to stay near florence city centre with easy public transport links as dont have a car.
we are 8 adults so looking for 4 bedroom apartment if possible.

Second half of the holiday we are looking to be based near the beach.

is there also near Lucca somewhere villa/apartment with a pool and near supermarket and good public transport which is near viareggio or forte dei marma near enough to there.
are there any beaches you reccomend at all for me please and my family.

it is my father in law birthday 70th suprise and wondering if there is anyway amazing we can spend for the day in florence like a thermal bath or somehwere relaxing all day not to far from florence.
somehwere with nice lunch a nice pool to relax.

any help to make this 70th bday celebrations for my father in law special I would be grateful.

thansk

For just outside of Florence, I'd recommend this villa:
http://www.florenceaccommodation.com/villa-la-medicea.html
with two apartments that can be joined, it might be perfect for your entire family and you'd have the pool and gardens to yourself. Contact them soon, hoping the villa is still available for your dates!!

Let me think about something near Lucca.... will get back to you on that with some ideas.

As for a thermal spa near Florence, I'd recommend spending a day in Montecatini Terme!! It is a spa town, with several luxurious spas/resorts where you can spend the day at!

thank you Lourdes

thanks very much Loudres
you are a star
as we are in florence was really thinking of using the beach or thermal spas - something for a pampering experience for my family.
is there anything else one can do in florence which is relaxing and reasonable.
also my husband would like to buy some leather satchels / breifcases for work is there anywhere you can suggest.
also with the beach there is viareggio or forte - any establishments one can recommend
thank you - you are very kind.
any tips for restaraunts or tours for my fathers 70th bday suprise on 4 august 14 would be most welcome xxxx

with two apartments that can be joined, it might be perfect for your entire family and you'd have the pool and gardens to yourself. Contact them soon, hoping the villa is still available for your dates!!

Let me think about something near Lucca.... will get back to you on that with some ideas.

As for a thermal spa near Florence, I'd recommend spending a day in Montecatini Terme!! It is a spa town, with several luxurious spas/resorts where you can spend the day at!

thank you very much

Hello,
I can help you for your accommodation in Lucca, a 4 bedroom villa with pool which should be still available for a week after the 6th August.

Yes, Montecatini Terme is a spa resort between Florence and Lucca, it is reachable by motorway (35 mins) or by train (48 mins).

Thanks can you please send me the details and prices I would be grateful

Hello,
I can help you for your accommodation in Lucca, a 4 bedroom villa with pool which should be still available for a week after the 6th August.

Yes, Montecatini Terme is a spa resort between Florence and Lucca, it is reachable by motorway (35 mins) or by train (48 mins).

Thanks do you have the details pls thanks

details please paola.

Hi Paola
could you please give me the details.
i would greatly apprecaite it.
thanks
Devika

Hello,

For something special to do in Florence, you could consider a really nice dinner on a rooftop terrace with view, something the likes of the ones mentioned here:

Hotel rooftop terraces
– During the summer, the best place for an aperitif is… on the rooftops of Florence! Many hotels open their private terraces to non-guests. Don’t miss the opportunity to admire the Duomo with the Brunelleschi’s dome or Giotto’s bell tower from a different point of view.
I personally adore the aperitif at the Hotel Minerva in Santa Maria Novella Square: there’s a swimming pool on the roof and you can have a drink by the pool. It’s a little bit expensive, but the view is worth it. Other hotels with a good panorama and good aperitif are Hotel Laurus and Hotel Baglioni.
(from this article: http://www.visitflorence.com/eating-and-drinking-in-florence/top-places-aperitif-in-florence.html)

Or at Se.sto on Arno, the restaurant on the rooftop of the Hotel Excelsior (piazza Ognissanti) - really beautiful to see sunset from up there and to enjoy a great dinner.

Ciao Paola and Devika,

By default you should be able to send Private Messages to each other through this forum. Click on the other persons name above and a small window should pop-up. If it is says you can send a Private Message, it means you can do it!

I disabled mine but everybody then tries to ask all of their questions by PM - but I can't, I really can't, answer by private message as then the answers can't be shared with everyone else. As everyone reading this post will agree, it is better to share the info.... for all the people who read but never post, I am sure there are thousands who have still found the info useful and helped plan their trips in that way, even if they never ever posted!

Hope you manage to get in touch ;-). Thank you Paola for your assistance in offering info on the forum and in respecting our forum's policies!

Fine, I'm going to send you a message via email, Devika. Sorry I can't see how to send you a message via this forum...

Montecatini Terma - recommend a spa?

Hi

Can anyone suggest a nice spa in montecatini terma please.

Thanks
Devika

You can't go wrong with any of the main thermal spa centers that fall under "Terme di Montecatini" right in the city center - you can see the various structures here and then take a look at their services and packages!