Advice on week long stay in Tuscany

JonPaula

My wife and I are planning a two week trip to Iatly late September/ early October 2015. We prefer to become a part of a community when we travel and interact with locals. We've never been to Italy and want to spend a week in Tuscany and another week in Sorrento.

I'd like to get some feedback on small villages/towns in the Tuscany region that would make for a good place to rent a small house or apartment for the week. We love food, wine, and cafes and would like to have some shops within walking distance.

Same plans here and we are even thinking of maybe going more than a week and if we love it there, we will stay for a month. How much is the price range of apartments here? Thanks

Advise on week long stay in Tuscany

Buongiorno!
you could consider staying not far from Siena. We are located in Sovicille, at about 13 kms from the wonderful town of Siena. Sovicille is a little village in the beautiful countryside around Siena, not so far from the Chianti area, from the Val d'Orcia and the Crete senesi. Get in touch with us, we will be happy to help you. info@prolocosovicille.it

Accommodation in Tuscany

Hi JonPaula,

There are so many lovely places to visit in Tuscany! I have been here since 2007 (originally from England). I live in a lovely town called Montelupo Fiorentino which is connected by the train to Florence - Pisa - Siena. It's really cute and fully Italian with a ceramic museum and lots of green areas to walk around. I also suggest you look in to the towns in Chianti (like Panzano / Greve). San Gimignano is also a lovely place to consider but maybe too full of tourists... I know of a few rental agencies you could contact. Why dont you send more information on your dates and your price range and I can see if the connections I have here can help you out at all!

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Anna