Florence accomodation on a budget

contactsharris

Hi

I am planning to go to Florence for about 4-5 days in late april/early may. It's going to be my first time and I am going alone.

I have a tight budget, however i do not want to be staying too far out from everywhere becuase I only have a short time and want to make the most of my time there and be able to make day trips to Siena etc quite easily.

Do you have any good accomodation tips or suggestions for a 27 year old girl on a budget??

Thank you!

Sarah

Florence on a budget is possible!

Ciao Sarah,

Florence can be done on a budget, particularly this last year as prices have gone down for a lot of the hotels in the central part of the city.

You don't give us an idea of how much you'd like to spend per night so it is hard to tell how "tight" your budget is. Here is just one recommendation:
Hotel Cosimo de Medici - a three star hotel near the SMN train station - very central and close to the train for day trips out of Florence. Rates for single rooms are around 80 euros per night toward the end of April.
Plus a more complete listing of budget hotels in Florence to get an idea of rates and location. There are many, many hotels around the train station area, take into account that many are located in the same building on different floors and many don't have elevators so these are details to look for when reading through the various offerings.

If you give us more details, we can provide more specific recommendations so let us know!

Ciao Lourdes

I think 80 Euros is definitely out of my budget, try halving that!

I don't know if I'm being too ambitious with regards to Florence but I'm looking for about 30-40 euros for 3-4 nights (I arrive in Pisa so may spend the 1st night there and then head to Florence the next morning for 3 nights).

I have been backpacking round the world before so don't need plush accomodation, but somewhere that is cheap and cheerful and well located.

I could stretch my budget a little bit if I was recommended a real 'find' but I would rather spend my money on sights and trains to siena etc. then on my bed!

Perhaps you could recommend the best spots/areas to stay in Florence, for a complete newcomer who only has a few days, and then I can search accomodation in those areas and choose whats in my price range...?

With thanks

Sarah

how about hostels? cheap hotels do exist as well

Ok not a problem - that is why I said you didn't give an indication of your budget. Each person's definition of what is "budget" for them is slightly different :)

I think since you're traveling alone and have backpacked before you might also consider hostels or some 1 or 2 star hotels in Florence. There are two relatively central hostels that I've heard good things about that are even below the budget you said but of course they are in shared rooms. One is Hostel Monaca in the Oltrarno area to the south of Arno and the other is the 7 Santi Hostel near the Campo di Marte train station (also very useful for day trips out of Florence). The first is around 20 euros per night, the second is 25 euros per night. Both are good areas to stay in and Florence is really small so everything is pretty easy to get to quickly.

Otherwise, not knowing your precise dates, I did a search for 29 april to 3 may (4 nights) and got these budget hotels in Florence that are for 50 euros per night or less. Go to the page and change the search parameters or dates and see what else comes up. I think it is completely up to you to decide which ones you like the most, if you decide for one you could always ask on here if anyone has any opinions to offer about it before you book.

I hope you have a wonderful time in Tuscany - do let us know if you have any other questions! And we'd love to hear back from you after, to know how you found everything :)