Where would you choose to stay??

LaurieD

My husband and i are taking my mother to Italy this Spring (may), and she cannot be rushed around alot. We have three choices to stay with our vacation package. Which would you choose. I would like some place that has a cute town close enough to walk to as we will be there for two weeks and will only be going to Rome for three day during that two weeks, the rest of the time we will just be hanging out. I would like to be able to leave the condo and go walk around and visit the town. Our choices are:
1.RESIDENCE LA FERRIERA
VIA LA FERRIERA 4 52024 LORO CIUFFENNA (AR)
TUSCANY TOSCANA ITALY
2.VILLA IL POGGIOLO
STRADA STATALE 73 SENESE ARETINA, NO. 125
COSTALPINO SIENA ITALY
3. FATTORIA GUICCIARDINI
VIA GARIBALDI 2A
SAN GIMIGNANO SIENA ITALY
From what I can find out number 3. is the only one that is in a town.
Can you give me anymore insight to this?

where to stay

Buongiorno,

I can try to give you a bit of info on the towns...

Loro Ciuffena is a small mountain town (great ice cream shop :eek:); it is probably the kind of place that if you go down everyday you might get familiar with some locals -- even if you don't speak the language. Yes there is tourism but this is an area which still has a very strong social life so you would probably find more Italian speaking people than not.

I am not familiar at all with Costalpino, though by looking at the position on the map it is probably a bit off the beaten track and the town is probably a little smaller and not as "quaint"

As for San Gimignano, the place you are looking at there is right in the middle of the town - it is large enough to have several bars and restaurants...however you are probably going to find more tourists there then you would Italians....

I hope this helps you a bit, and if you have any further questions - don't hesitate to ask.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Where to stay

Donna,

Thank you so much, you have kinda confirmed what I had found online. Now we have to decide between the two because of course my husband wants one place and I want another. In trying to decide maybe we will stay one week in each. Thank you again for your time.

wheere to stay

If your vacation package will allow for that - then I say go for it! They are all very different areas and each will expose you to a totally different and enchanting viewss of Tuscany.

Donna Denise

If you can divide up the weeks, then I would choose Loro Ciuffena and San Gimignano.

Keep in mind though that you would require - if it isn't provided as part of your package - your own means of transport while in Loro C. while you can use buses to move around and to S.G.