Where to stay to visit Pisa, Florence, Siena & San Gimignano?

9xt16

Hi there,
We are planning to visit Florence in May. We were thinking of flying in to Pisa on a Sat evening, staying there for one night and visiting Pisa the next day. We'd like to visit Florence for one whole day, Siena one day and San Gimignano another day. Would we be best to stay in Florence the whole time and just do day trips from there? Or stay in Pisa for the first two nights, then move to Florence for the rest of the time....or even move again and stay in Siena and/or San G in order to visit them? We would also like to visit a Winery if anyone has any recommendations near any of our locations.
Thanks for your time.

where to stay

Buongiorno,

Unless your flight is coming in real late in Pisa - I would actually suggest heading out to Florence straight away by bus/train and stay 2 days there. Rent a car and make your base either in Siena or San Gimignano and visit those places from one base. Then try to plan a late flight out of Pisa (late afternoon is good) and visit the Square of Miracles and the Leaning Tower of Pisa before leaving to go home.

Check out this article for information on where to park in Pisa: http://www.discovertuscany.com/pisa/where-to-park-in-pisa.html

You can look at Hotel Athena in Siena - not only is there free parking but it has a great panoramic terrace.

Buon Viaggio

Donna Denise

Thank you Donna

Thank you Donna, I really appreciate it.

Buongiorno,

Unless your flight is coming in real late in Pisa - I would actually suggest heading out to Florence straight away by bus/train and stay 2 days there. Rent a car and make your base either in Siena or San Gimignano and visit those places from one base. Then try to plan a late flight out of Pisa (late afternoon is good) and visit the Square of Miracles and the Leaning Tower of Pisa before leaving to go home.

Check out this article for information on where to park in Pisa: http://www.discovertuscany.com/pisa/where-to-park-in-pisa.html

You can look at Hotel Athena in Siena - not only is there free parking but it has a great panoramic terrace.

Buon Viaggio

Donna Denise