Help!

Mattmac91

I've seen a few of your postings and it seems you have a very good handle on recommendations. Maybe you can help. My side and I in our 30's are leaving our 1 and 2 year old at home to attend a wedding in Montepulciano.

We don't have a lot of time and we know there is a lot to see. We really want to spend some time together and we love wine and food and views! We'd rather take this trip and enjoy versus hustle and bustle and rush around. We are basically saying hit a few spots and plan another in the future! Here is what we have so far that is confirmed:

Fly into Florence Sept 2 morning. I have accommodations for Friday and Saturday night (I have Sunday night as well but may cancel to spend s night somewhere romantic on they way to Montepulciano). Our accommodation is here.

- can we do Florence in 2 nights which leaves us Friday and sat day? Leaving on Sunday.
-Should I rent a car at airport or wait until I'm ready to leave Florence?

Now this is where I could really use your help. We need to be in 53045 Montepulciano SI, Italy. For a rehearsal dinner Monday sept 6 at 7 pm. With wedding, wedding activities etc we are there until we can leave on the morning of the 9th.

- where do you recommend going for a nice stay on the Sunday night, Sept 4th?
- I have not booked a place to stay in Montepulciano yet, just trying to decide.

And finally we fly out early Sept 13. Where do we go from the 9th until then. The people getting married said go to Portofino. What are your thoughts?

I'm so thankful for your help and insight😊
Matt

Buongiorno,

Since you will be in or around Montepulcinao for the wedding I suggest for your romantic stay to concentrate around or outside of Montepulciano. You could look at Agriturismo Bartoli which will mix romance with a bit of local flavour (namely the wine!)

Or there is the Relais Il Chiostro di Pienza, which we even mention in the Top Ten Romantic Places to stay in Tuscany.

Or you could look into the small town of Bagno Vignone, there are several B&Bs in the town square might be just what you are looking for.

As for the car, wait till you are ready to leave Florence. No need to have a car and worry about parking and everything.

Buon Viaggio,
Donna Denise

air conditioning in September

Nope -- September maybe warm (even hot) but the evenings in September have a tendency to cool down, so you can easily sleep with your windows open and enjoy the fresh crisp air!!