Need Itinerary Help

lacy selby

Hi,

My family and I are visiting Italy for two weeks. It's my husband and two children ages 8 and 10. We would like to see Florence, Tuscany (Chianti home base possibly), Cinque Terra, Punta Ala and Venice. We don't want to spend all of our time traveling. Is this realistic? If so, how would you recommend we go about it? We would love to ride bikes and explore. We aren't going to drag the kids around to too many sites. Is it recommended to get a week in Tuscany then leave and go see the other places? Any help is much appreciated. My first visit to Italy!

Thank you.

p.s. I wasn't sure which forum to post this on and am sorry if this is not a reply to the forum in which it was a posted. New to site, thank you.

Where to stay for two weeks

Buongiorno,

My experience with kids is that they like a bit of stability - so you could think about staying two weeks in one place - check out a place with lots of activities so that the "down days" when you hang out at the agriturismo or apartment, they have lots to do. You can have a look at this article about kid friendly places to stay in Chianti.

This area will keep you close to Florence (and the trains for going into Rome, Venice and/or CT) yet give you a good jumping off place for short - fun (sometimes even educational :p ) day trips in the morning - but by the pool and Tuscan landscape in the afternoon!

This way you could try spreading out the "long day trips," like going into Venice, with a few days of just hanging around the apartment - biking near by - going to the pool or just checking out a nearby town/church or museum.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise