One base City in Tuscany

RKIND

Hi,

My family (my wife and 9 years old daughter) plans to travel to explore Tuscany, for about 4 days in June'2016. After reading some reviews on this site, I am given to understand that 4 days are going to be short, however, this is best we have.

So, we want one city to be our base to explore the area and enjoy the Scenic beauty. I must state here, that our travel would be either by Bus or Train, as none of us Drive on Holidays.

Though, my personal favorite place would be Sienna, but we are stuck with it, open to any other choice, considering, Number of days available and the driving restrictions.

We would be grateful, for the advice regarding the city to stay in and which area of the city should be select, considering its train and road connectivity.

Also, we would prefer to have a Apartment or House, to our self. Any suggestions regarding the same would also be appreciated.

All suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks in Anticipation.

Thanks very much for the Reply and links, which were very helpful.

Please help me with one more additional information, that considering our situation, that we will be relying completely on public transport (Bus and Train) is there any specific area you would recommend for us to stay in Sienna. We are Ok with independent Apartment or Hotel etc.

If you have any specific recommendations, the same will be most help and appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

In addition to the earlier question, please also let us know, which Airport should we choose to reach Sienna, we would be coming from Paris.

Airport

Buongiorno,

you can arrive in either Pisa or Florence. Pisa has a transportation directly from the airport to Siena and from Florence you need to go into the city and then catch a bus to Siena.

However, if you were looking to add a day or two to your calendar, you could stay a day in Pisa (visit the tower, the city, the museums). I am thinking a 9 year old might enjoy seeing these sites (my 10 year old niece loved it) then train it to Florence the next day and visit Florence for a day (or two) ...and then 4 days in Siena.

one night Pisa
one night Florence
on to Siena and a few day trips from there.

I know it means packing and un packing ... but it would be time effective if you are travelling without a car.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Thanks Donna,

You have been very helpful and information, very pertinent.

Though, we might make make base in Florence or Pisa for two days and then go to Siena.

Is there some specific area of Siena you would recommend us to stay, considering, our travel restrictions (No Car). We were looking for staying in city area, however, I Find that the off the Siena City , some property have some beautiful scenic beauty, however, we will not like to stuck without means of transportation etc.

Please guide us, if you recommend the Siena city, then which area, because I am unable to pin point the suitable area.

Many Thanks again,

RK