Accommodation in Florence, Cinque Terre, Venice

1cyrilj

Hello Lourdes,
We are 6 adults and 4 kids (ages 10-14) and we are looking for a place to stay.

We will in Florence on June 21st and planning to depart on 23rd morning to Cinque Terre. We are renting a van and car - so we need parking and could stay in the outskirts (or countryside) of Florence. We need a clean / economical place to stay. It doesn't matter if it is an apartment / B&B or hotel since we will be in the room only at night. Free breakfast will be great. Also can you suggest places to stay in Cinque Terre and Venice. We will staying 2 nights in Venice later in June. Any staying / driving tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Florence Hotels

Buongiorno,

you could look at Hotel Astro which has parking for the cars, it is a bit on the outskirts of the city center but it is close enough to walk - a bit residential so it is quiet.

You could also look at La Paggeria which is a B&B on the outskirts of Florence...and though you are thinking you might only be there to sleep...its always nice to know (at least for the kids) that there is an option of an afternoon by the pool.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Generally all B&Bs and hotels included breakfast, while apartments will not (unless they have rooms as well and serve breakfast to them, then you can also ask for breakfast as an extra option).

With a car, would definitely suggest outskirts to avoid the ZTL or just outside the historical center - I would add Villa Antea and Palagetto as other options to check out. A bit further out than Paggeria to get the countryside experience: Casa Palmira and La Topaia.
With the ones further out in the countryside, you can still drive a bit in and then take a bus into town, that way you avoid the ZTL and parking in Florence worries ;-)

As for CT, if you're driving there, I would suggest staying in Monterosso or in Riomaggiore, they are the towns easiest to get to with the car. Once there, you won't be using it, it will be better to take the train or walk. Take a look at lodging through Booking.com - I've seen most lodging in CT are small and tend to go through that channel rather than have their own website.

I would plan on returning the car as soon as you arrive in Venice - you also won't need it once you go to the lagoon and don't have to worry about where to park it, in addition to paying for not using it ;-).