First time to Tuscany area: looking for suggestions on "perfect" hotel for our likes

MarkMan

First time to Tuscany area: looking for suggestions on "perfect" hotel for our likes

My wife and I are going to be in the Tuscany area for the first time, for 3-4 nights in mid-June 2017. We have never been there and are looking for a small, quiet, romantic hotel with the following characteristics to use as our base:

In order of priority:

[*]Room with private balcony with a great view (sunset, rolling hills, coastline/water)
[*]Quiet, private & secluded property with small number of rooms
[*]walking distance to a town (on coast if possible)
[*]Gardens on the property
[*]NOT a bed & breakfast
[*]Party/nightlife NOT important

Any suggestions are appreciated! We don't know the towns and cities in Tuscany, so we are flexible as to the proximity to a town or city.

some suggestions

Ciao!

If you are looking for a luxury stay I can suggest a rent of the entire propoerty of Villa Ciggiano (www.villaciggiano.com), I think is the most romantic place ever. It is also a great place to reach other cities and landmarks (Florence, San Gimignano, Volterra, Pistoia, Lucca, Siena...)

Another lovely accommodation I can suggest is this B&B in the countryside of Pistoia: http://www.oliviabedandbreakfast.it/?lang=en The place is romantic and the owners are really nice people. Closer to the city, but in the countryside I can suggest this: http://www.ilfieniledellafarnia.it/

If you like most the area of Chianti try to search something romantic in Volpaia in Chianti or in Radda in Chianti (two small charming villages). Also Montefioralle is really nice.

Hope you enjoy Tuscany!

Place to Stay

Buongiorno,

If you are looking for a mix of being close to the water - and the countryside I suggest you have a look at the Volterra area. I always love the way within minutes you go from the typical, soft Tuscan hills to the pine forests that line the coastal areas.

You weren't too clear why you didn't want a B&B - but just as an FYI (For Your Information), many of the smaller (boutique) hotels are also considered B&B's according to the Italians. They are small, only a few rooms, they almost all serve breakfast and they have lots of space to just hang around the structure. You might not want to avoid them completely - at least have a look. :eek:

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise