Looking for Holiday Accommodation - help requested

DougStewart

My wife and I are planning a special holiday to Tuscany for end-April or start-May, duration one week. I am having trouble finding the type of accommodation we want and hope someone can make a recommendation.

What we are looking for is:
- Something roomy, with a living room and kitchen. For example, an apartment or bungalow or farmhouse.
- It should be nicely done up, although a rustic farmhouse with character would also be nice. A cheaply renovated place with linoleum floors would not have the atmosphere we are looking for. An open fireplace in the living room, where we could sit in front of the fire, would be a nice extra.
- It should be near a couple of good restaurants. The restaurants do not need to be fancy, but need to serve good quality food.
- During the day we would like to do things like wine tasting, visiting small farms, visiting food markets, enjoying the countryside. Accommodation should be in an area where such activities are possible.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Doug Stewart

A base for your holidays

Buongiorno,

There are so many different places you can base yourself - each will give you a new and wonderful perspective of Tuscany. Perhaps one of the more central areas I can suggest is:

Montespertoli

The two places I suggest in this area are Le Torri, which I have personally visited. Another which I have visited is Agriturismo Montalbino, with reat views.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

PS - when you reserve with either of the above you are dealing direct with the owner!

I think you would really enjoy staying in the Chianti area and thus would recommend Borgo della Meliana, as well as Fattoria Viticcio. A bit on the rustic side is Romitorio di Serelle while Il Cellese is a good mix of rustic + modern but both are surrounded by the incredible rows and rows of vineyards that will make any view stunning. Take a look and if you find one you like and want more suggestions of other similar places, let us know!