Accomodation for family with toddlers

rebecca

Hi
Firstly great website - I wish I had more time this morning to have a look.

My husband, two children (3 1/2 and 1 1/2 at the time of travel) will fly into Pisa in May and stay for three weeks. Intially we weren't going to hire a car but have decided to do so.

We would preferably like to stay in a place that we are the only guests at but for cost reasons I think it maybe cheaper if we are in a place where the pool/gardens are shared. Ideally I only want to be an hour in any direction from Pisa. Not fussed about being by the beach though but would prefer a villa/farm house in the country side. It would be good if there was one that you could walk to a small village to get bread/meats etc. As it is still not swimming weather when we are there a pool isn't high on my list of requirements. I would like a kitchen that we could use ourselves and a place where if other guests are there we won't hear them or I won't have to worry about our baby crying.

Is there anything that comes to mind? I also would like a nice garden/views as the holiday will be a mix of spending time at the property and a little bit of sightseeing.

Family Accommodation near Pisa

Dear Rebecca,

In order to give you better suggestions I have to ask you: why do you need to stay within 1 hour driving distance from Pisa? Do you need to be close to the airport?

As soon as I'll have your response I can recommend you some accommodations in the area. In the meantime I have a couple of farmhouses in my mind that I'd like to recommend:
- Tenuta Quadrifoglio, a farmhouse in Gambassi Terme. It is located few km far from the city of Gambassi Terme and about 1 hour and 15 minutes driving distance from Pisa and is surrounded by the countryside. Volterra and San Gimignano are within 30 minutes driving distance. The farmhouse offers large independent apartments, equipped with all comforts and lots of facilities, as well as children's playground and pool.

Regarding Tuscany farmhouses, they are generally located near the city, but still in the countryside and at least within 30-40 minutes walking distance from the city center. So you'll probably need the car for moving around more easily.

So I'll wait for your response in order to provide you with other suggestions and information :D