Campervan spots for MotoGP 3 June

Motogp2018

Hello there. My partner and I are coming over to Italy for 2 weeks to travel around and go the the MotoGP at Mugello on 3 June. My question is we are hoping to hire a camper van to travel around in. Is it better to stay right there (if anything at the circuit) or to drive further afield? We will more than likely be staying in the Florence area the night before and heading to Cinque Terre afterwards. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks so much G

Camper / van in Tuscany

Buongiorno,

I must admit I love the idea of driving around in a camper, stopping where-ever and just enjoying the moment.

However, I have to say that those who do this also have a lot of courage. Just thinking about driving the Tuscan roads with a camper is a bit daunting to me - then to think about parking, hook-ups, etc. It seems like a lot of extra work that would take time away from enjoying the landscape and small towns.

If you are visiting Florence, you may find between parking, traveling, and buses to get back and forth between the campground and the city - that a hotel or B&B within the city may work out better - and my experience with Cinque Terre is the same, it is not necessarily a place made to explore with four wheels.

I know if you are in Florence you can use the train to get to the MotoGP on 3 June.

I did find this place for camping in Mugello:

http://www.campingmugelloverde.com/ less than 10 from the circuit

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise