What wine estate is best to stay at

Both are good bases, but I think Viticcio is more centrally located to go all around Chianti to also include San Gimignano, San Donato in Collona, Greve and Panzano.... Brolio is a bit further in towards the eastern part and is good for exploring Gaiole, then you need drive further to see SG and Florence. So I'd recommend Viticcio first!

Where to stay

Buongiorno,

As Lourdes mentioned, both are lovely alternatives located in two different areas of Chianti. Viticcio will make it easier to get to Florence, San Gimignano and Siena with an easy day trip where as Brolio makes places like val d'Orcia, Siena, Arezzo, Cortona and Montepucliano a bit more accessiable.

If you are looking for a smaller environment, more familiar with a small town within walking distance (2 km through a lovely back road) then you might appreciate Viticcio a bit more. However, if you are looking for a more central location, something a little more elegant and catering to tourism then you will probably prefer Brolio.

There are so many places you can stay on a vineyard, if that is what is important to you, have a look at this link for a few other places, I have been to most of them - and it would be really hard to pick just one of them out :p:

http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/wine-tastings/

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise