www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: 4 days in Tuscany

k1991 is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Default 4 days in Tuscany

Hello!

I need help finding accommodations for my short trip to Tuscany in late June of this year. First off, we (me and my significant other) are flying into Florence (and will rent a car). We want to spend all our time in Tuscany relaxing, eating great food, and going to different wineries. Therefore, no need to see any tourist spots (beyond anything that falls into great scenery and great food/wine). Ideally, we would like to have a pool at our accommodation. We arrive Saturday afternoon and will be heading to Naples (via train) on Wednesday (so 4 nights total in Tuscany). Our price range for the accommodation is around 100 - 150 euros a night.

Any winery recommendations would also be great. Our goal is to find a great place to relax and venture out for different winery visits/meals. It would be nice if there were restaurants within walking distance, but short drives are fine since we'll have the car.

Thank you!
    Kailee

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

I would highly recommend staying directly at a winery - many have part of the estate farm buildings restored to offer self-catering apartments directly on the property so you can enjoy the views, pool and wine tastings and winery visit while you're there.

Take a look at Viticcio just outside Greve - http://tuscanyaccommodation.com/fattoria-viticcio.html
    It has the added plus of being within walking distance to the town where you will find restaurants.
    You will find more options here: http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/wine-tastings/

You can completely spend the 4 nights in the countryside and just roam around as you please, without any stress of going anywhere in particular! It sounds like a great plan
    Where to stay in Tuscany? Read this if you will have a car and this if you won't!
    When is the best time to visit? Make sure to read this!

k1991 is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Unfortunately, that place is booked. I looked at your list and it's quite large! Any #2 choice to help me narrow down?

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Since I think you would also appreciate romantic places, I recommend Villa Dianella, then Il Cellese, then Borgo di Pietrafitta. Also Villa il Poggiale.
    I know you have a budget but contact them directly in any case and see whether they can meet your budget for the 4 nights.
    Where to stay in Tuscany? Read this if you will have a car and this if you won't!
    When is the best time to visit? Make sure to read this!