Puglia Tuscan Move

Kate puglia

I am looking to move from Puglia to Tuscany for the next chapter of my extended journey in Italy. I would like to stay where there is a view of the sea, so by coastline. Big town or small city. I travel with my little dog so I would need accomodation longterm and pet friendly. any suggestions?

Ciao Kate,

Are you still in Puglia? Are you still looking into Tuscany for your next stage? If you're looking for vistas, you'll definitely need to stay in a town along the coast. You could look into Viareggio or Forte dei Marmi if you also want a lively nightlife (that is all relative to the year we are living through, it should improve once we finally learn how to deal with this virus).
Otherwise, look further south to Livorno which has many amenities or further south to the Follonica area. Aside from Livorno which has a lot of locals, understand that many of the coast towns are quite "sleepy" in the fall and winter months. They come truly alive in the warm months, so life can be very peaceful and quite at those times. It depends what you are looking for. Once you decide on the area, then it will be easier to start looking for accommodation. Most places here are pet-friendly and if you make the move during these times, many places are open to longer term contracts considering the tourism sector and short term rentals are virtually non-existent at the moment.