Events from 7 September 2011 / Villa Museo Puccini

sospiri

Hi,

Although British, we have lived on the island of Crete for the last seven years. Two years ago we stayed in Volterra for a few days as part of our two month tour of Europe - one of the pleasures of retirement! On 7th September we hope to arrive & stay in Tuscany once more for four or five days. Because it has lots of reasonably priced hotels, we thought we would stay in Montecatini Terme, but nothing is set in concrete yet!

Could you advise us of any events in Tuscany, particularly musical & especially jazz, around this period please?

Also could you tell us if the Villa Museo Puccini at Torre del Lago is open at this time too?

Last time we found the museums, workshops and countryside around Larderello very interesting and totally unexpected when we came upon them by chance (with a little help from a librarian in a village en route!). What should we look out for in the Montecatini Terme area?

Many thanks!

Ciao Sospiri!

It sounds like you really enjoyed Tuscany and your first trip to the area around Volterra. Each area has its own distinct character - if you stayed around Volterra last time, you'll see that the area around Montecatini is different.

First off, the Villa Museo Puccini will surely be open, with these hours: 10:00am - 12:40pm and from 3:00-6:20pm (last entrance possible 5:40pm).

Next, Montecatini is known for its thermal springs but if the weather continues this warm I am not sure you'll really enjoy them during your stay in Tuscany. I don't personally know the area around there too well so I would recommend you take a look at the city's website to learn more details: APT Montecatini Turismo

As for jazz concerts, I've seen several in these upcoming days but nothing for the days you mention you'll be here. I'll keep a lookout if I see any for that week and post back on here.