Chianti Cooking Class!

TrishaLynn

Hello again (I just previously posted a thread about driving to Chianti/Siena)!

I was also interested in seeing what input and suggestions you have regarding a cooking school/class while we're visiting. A single class would be sufficient :). I have found IT Cooking, Toscana Mia, and there is one offered at Castello di Fonterutoli (where we would consider staying). Please let me know your suggestions.

Thank you!!!

Just answered your other post right now, make sure to check that thread as well!

OH - We just had a bottle of Chianti Classico from Castello di Fonterutoli last night, what a coincidence! :)

How long of a cooking class are you interested in? I highly recommend them, they are a fun and interesting experience to enjoy when in Tuscany. If you do stay at the Castello, a class there would just be very practical. Although you can take a cooking class while you're in Florence, too - or both ;-). You could end up doing completely different dishes and learn lots. I haven't particularly heard anything on the others, but there really are lots of schools and trained chefs/cooks offering cooking classes nowadays as they are very popular. The important thing is to see whether they are offered by a trained cook/chef and whether they offer menus that you'll enjoy learning to then do back home. I interviewed Fiamma and Ginny, for example, you live in Florence and do classes in their homes but who also travel to wherever you are (you do need to have a kitchen where you're staying) and they'll do the lesson there. They are both trained and fun ladies to spend half a day with so I do recommend them. You can read more about them here: http://www.discovertuscany.com/tuscany-cooking-classes/interview-kitchen-chez-nous.html These are private courses so will be more expensive than group lessons - you can also do those (or try both) and still have lots of fun! Here are some in Florence that we offer through our partner Viator: http://www.partner.viator.com/en/8357/travel-tips/Cooking-Classes-in-Tuscany-Florence/ttd

Thank you so much! Very helpful! I'll look at your links. I'll make sure to reply back once we've decided so you can give good suggestions to future travelers. :)