September 2010

JMFell

Might anyone know of festivals taking place from Sept 10-19? I was told of a wine festival in greve but don't know the details. Anyone know if it is worth going to?

Festivals around Greve in September

Dear JMFell,

it looks like you're busy in planning your holidays in Tuscany ;) and so far your plans sound great!

September is generally dedicated to wine festivals, since we have the Novello wine. All round Tuscany you can find many events and festivals. Most of them aren't advertised yet and you will be able to find more information later on, in early September.

Regarding Greve there is the 20th Chianti Classico Wine Festival from September 9th to 12th.
The next weekend, from September 16th to 19th, in Panzano in Chianti there is "Vino al Vino" - Wine Festival.
On the same weekend there is also a nice market with antiques, crafts, food and wine, in Strada in Chianti. You can go to Panzano and Strada on the same day.

I also suggest you ask for more information about events when you'll be in Tuscany in September.

Well, I hope my suggestions helped you going on in your planning :D

Thank you soooo much, it appears the Greve event is a fun one and the following weekend we are back in Rome so it appears it is Greve for us :)

Figured I would bump this up to see if there was anything scheduled in the last couple of weeks for my time in Tuscany..Sept 11-16

Events in September

Dear JMFell,

At the moment the wine festivals I suggested before are the one I found information about.

Most of the local festivals aren't advertised before than a couple weeks from the event itself. So we can find information about more festivals in early September. Another thing is that most of events take place on weekends.

I always keep an eye on events in Tuscany and we publish the most interesting one on the Tuscany events calendar. Every week, generally on Thursday-Friday we also post on our blog "what to do on the weekend" with our personal plans and suggestions.

So I suggest you keep following us and post back your question in early September, so that we can have more info ;)

Talk to you soon :)

Events in early September 2010

Dear JMFell,

I'm sorry to say that I have no news about events in Chianti when you will be in Tuscany.

I strongly suggest you stop at the tourist information office both in Greve in Chianti and in Castellina in Chianti ask for the local events' calendar.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay in Tuscany:)