Elopement in Florence

Kristine Marie

Hello! My fiancé and have decided to have a civil ceremony this April in Florence at the Sala Rossa in the Plazzo Vecchio. Can anyone point me in the right direction to book our appointment there..the only sites I can find are in Italian.

Have you read my article on weddings in Florence?
http://www.visitflorence.com/weddings-in-florence/getting-married-in-florence.html

The link to the marriage page on the city website has info in English!

I want to make clear that dealing with Palazzo Vecchio directly isn't easy!
The main problem is they don't have staff that speaks English -- last year I called for someone who posted on our forum here and asked for help, I called to ask about English speaking staff and they honestly told me they had one person who knows a little English but obviously is not always on hand.

The easiest solution is to use email -- but if you have difficulty getting replies from them, then the only work around is to get someone local, like a wedding planner, who can help you deal with this aspect (and only this aspect if that is all you want help with).

Have you read my article on weddings in Florence?
http://www.visitflorence.com/weddings-in-florence/getting-married-in-florence.html

The link to the marriage page on the city website has info in English!

I want to make clear that dealing with Palazzo Vecchio directly isn't easy!
The main problem is they don't have staff that speaks English -- last year I called for someone who posted on our forum here and asked for help, I called to ask about English speaking staff and they honestly told me they had one person who knows a little English but obviously is not always on hand.

The easiest solution is to use email -- but if you have difficulty getting replies from them, then the only work around is to get someone local, like a wedding planner, who can help you deal with this aspect (and only this aspect if that is all you want help with).

Thank you for that information! It's been hard to find things in English and when I looked at the website before it was only in Italian. Could you recommend any reputable weddding planners?