Transporation from San Miniato to Greve in August 2017

Susan Jorgensen

My husband and I will be staying three nights in Casa Vacanze Bucciano, San Miniato for the Andrea Bocelli Concert in Lajatico on 3rd August. We do not have our own vehicle so we need transporation to our next stay at Greve in Chianti. Is there a bus service without going to Florence and out again or is a private driver/taxi the best way. Does anyone know what the costs are. Susan :)

public transport vs driver

Buongiorno,

Florence is a hub in Tuscany - so most all public transport originates from the SMN train & bus station, therefore from San Miniato to Greve you will need to go to Florence if you prefer the public transport option.

To get to Greve you will first take a train to Florence. Then you will need to go outside of the train station cross the road and walk over to the bus station...there are no trains to Greve. It is about 60 - 70 meters (yards). There are steps coming out of the train station.

However,if you were to use a private driver (they are called NCC in Italy - driver with car) then you could take this opportunity to do a bit of site seeing that you normally wouldn't be able to do if you were confined to public transport.

I don't know any prices but you can ask for an estimate from Simone, a driver I have used in the past, essemazzini@gmail.com . he is professional, reliable and speaks excellent English.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

PS while in Greve you might want to check out this place, click here