Motogp Mugello 2011

tashaperthwa

Hello,

Do you know if there is a confirmed date of when the racing is on for the motogp at Mugello for 2011?

I am finding that accomodation is being booked out for the dates that it has been on for the last couple of years and was wondering if maybe the dates have been announced in Italy but not officially announced worldwide.

I am about to book an apartment and do not want to book it if it is on a different weekend that it is usually on.

Thanks

Natasha

between end of May and beginning of June

The Italian Moto GP in Mugello is always between the end of May and the first weekend in June. Neither the official Mugello Circuit website nor the MotoGP site have the calendar for 2011 online so maybe it is too early to have a definite date yet. However, I did find this other site that says it should be May 29, 2011.
If you want to already start looking into reserving an apartment, hotel room or b&b, I am sure if you contact one of them and ask them for the precise dates they might already have received news from the local circuit and know when the race will be.... otherwise, wait a month or two to see the official calendar on the two sites mentioned above to know for sure.

Thanks for your answer.

I have booked an apartment for the race to be on the 5th June, so if you are able to ring around at some of the accomodation places to see if they have been told when it will be on, that would be great.

The sooner i change my dates on the accomodation the less likely i will be charged administration fees.

Thanks

Mugello 2011

Dear Tashaperthwa,

As Lourdes wrote there isn't any official calendar yet.

The official calendar is published in December-January. Most of the races are approximately scheduled every year in the same period. So the Mugello Race takes place on the first weekend of June but it depends on the calendar.

So I strongly suggest you look periodically at the websites Lourdes indicated to you over the next few months.

I hope it helps to plan your trip to Tuscany :)

I recommend you contact the place where you already reserved and ask them to clearly tell you by what date you can change the dates of your reservation without incurring any additional fees.... if you want to make sure you got accommodation for that weekend, you could reserve both weekends and in December or January when the dates are officially published you can cancel the one you're not interested in. Talk directly to the owners of the apartment if you can, otherwise if you rented through an agency make sure their policies are clear so that you can better decide how to proceed.

2011 Moto Grand Prix is July 3

To Tasha and anyone else interested in the Moto GP for 2011 - the big race is scheduled for JULY 3, 2011 (so later than usual). If you're planning to be there, make sure you make reservations in Mugello accommodations soon as they all fill up really quickly!

Moto GP Race in Mugello 2011

We are planning to attend the Moto GP in Mugello on July 2 &3, 2011. Instead of staying in Florence, as most people do, we are thinking of staying in Bologna and driving to the race track from there. I know that highway traffic from Florence is very heavy but hope that there is less traffic from Bologna to the race track. Do you suggest driving from Bologna, or should we just take the train to Borgo San Lorenzo (which unfortunately must go the route of Bologna to Florence to Borgo San Lorenzo).

Ciao Ramona,

There are two train lines that join Bologna and Florence, one passing through Prato (fast trains) and another through Faenza (slower regional trains). The Faenza one would take you to Borgo San Lorenzo without passing through Florence first.

The weekend of the Gran Premio is a very busy weekend for the Mugello, and draws people from all over Italy as well as abroad -- so expect traffic from all directions. If you take the A1 south from Bologna, you only have 1 exit you can take (Barberino di Mugello) and there is likely to be traffic there. I believe all provincial roads that go to Scarperia from the north and south get pretty full on that weekend. As there are shuttles planned from the Borgo San Lorenzo station to Scarperia for the event, my suggestion is to take advantage of them and avoid traffic altogether so that you can enjoy the race and excitement of being there completely without a worry about traffic and getting there on time.

Train line to Borgo San Lorenzo

Hi Lourdes
I am finding it very difficult to find any accomodation in Borgo San Lorenzo now, and I have booked our tickets to Moto GP weekend. We need to find somewhere that would be suitable to stay and be able to taxi to the track or we need to be staying somewhere near a station that will take us to Borgo San Lorenzo first thing on race day. What are the stations on the train line to Borgo San Lorenzo can you make some suggestions please?

Thanks

Laura

Ciao Laura,

That weekend is really busy and everything get full months ahead of time. You'll have to plan to stay further away and take the train in. Local towns with connections to Borgo to look into: Vicchio, Dicomano, Pontassieve, Londa -- these are on one of the two train lines from Florence to Borgo San Lorenzo. The other line takes you through Vaglia and San Piero a Sieve, so these are other places to look into.

Near Pratolino, look into La Paggeria B&B - being a little further away, they might still have availability. Contact them asap!

You can also consider staying in Florence, trains start early from a little after 5am to get into Borgo by 6 or 7 am so you can definitely make it in time. Let us know if this helps!

Hi Lourdes -

thank you - so if we find accomm in any of these places we will be on the trainline?

You suggest Pratolino - but how would we get to the circuit? By taxi? Or is it near a train?

That hotel in Pontassieve is definitely practical - all the small towns that I mentioned are on the train line and the station is just blocks away so it is easy to use. Pratolino sits on a hill near a train station, you might actually need a short bus ride to get to the train stop. You can ask the lodging owners for info when you ask for availability, they can best tell you how you could move around on that weekend by public transportation.

Once in Borgo San Lorenzo, you can either try a taxi but better yet would be to just follow the crowds: there should be shuttles from the train station in Borgo to the race track which is right outside of Scarperia. The whole weekend is a big deal in the area so there will be lots of people and extra services to help people get around. Don't worry, you'll see everyone will be heading in the same direction that whole weekend. Everyone else avoids the area that weekend if they can help it! :)

p.s. the location of the hotel moderno seems to be just a few blocks south of the train station, definitely walkable distance from the station

Hi,

We are attending the MotoGP on Sunday and are staying in the centre of Florence.

We have generall admission tickets - how early should we arrive at the track to ensure we dont miss any of the races? I see that it opens at 745am - should we arrive then or is that too early?

We shall be taking a train to Borgo San Lorenzo then the free shuttle bus

Many Thanks,

Matthew

Hello Matthew!
Welcome to our forum:)

As you don’t want to miss any of the races, I suggest you get to the track at the opening time!
The Mugello race track will be incredibly crowded on Sunday, so it’s better you arrive early and get your seat.
The first race (125) will start at 11.00 am, but the warm ups will start from 8.40 am. The last race, the Moto GP, will then start at 2 pm.

The Moto GP is an extraordinary spectacle! The Mugello circuit is fantastic!
Enjoy the race!

Feel free to contact us again for any other question you may have!

Have a nice day!
Ciao from Florence