Palio dei Micci Pro Loco Querceta

RenMich

Hello, hoping someone can give us some more information regarding the 2020 Palio Dei Micci. We live in Australia and will be in the region in May and would love to experience this event. Some of our questions are - what time does the parade and actual race start, how do we purchase tickets from Australia, how long does the event last? We will be based in Modena and will have a car so hoping we can sort out tickets before we leave. Thank you.

Palio in May

Buongiorno,

I just wrote a quick email to the proloco (this is an association that generally handles the promotion of local events in that town. I will let you know as soon as they respond.

I wrote here: info@prolocoquerceta.it

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

HI,
I was wondering about the same question. We will be in the Montecatini area July 1st-July 7th and would love to visit Sienna during the race days if possible.

HI,
I was wondering about the same question. We will be in the Montecatini area July 1st-July 7th and would love to visit Sienna during the race days if possible.
Ciao! Are you interested in the Palio in Siena? Because this thread was about the Palio dei Micci in Querceta, in the province of Lucca. That palio is generally in May and we don't know yet whether it will be held this year (it hasn't for the past 2 years because of covid).

As for the Palio in Siena, it was also suspended these past 2 years. We will need to wait until closer to the date and see how the pandemic has gone, we really hope to see this latest variant burn out faster and by July be able to move around more freely, even with masks but at least with events taking place again.

No problem at all! Check back closer to the date - updating events on the website has been so depressing, seeing as pretty much everything during these months is canceled. But we hold out hope that by the warmer months things will pick up, as they did last year.