www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: free parking just outside Florence

Ciao Aga,

There are plans to close the piazza as a parking lot (by next year), but for now, it is still there - so you can definitely try to find parking there while you are in Florence!
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Ciao Lourdes,
    Thank you very much for your help and good news

best regards,
    Aga

Post Free parking

Hi Lourdes and everyone,
    we will be in Florence for 2 nights on May 27th-29th. We will be staying Loggia Fiorentina on Via San Gallo.
    I think it's in ZTL, yes? So we would like to find free parking for those two days.
    I think we have few options:
    - Piazzale Michelangelo (which is overcrowded and not recommended to leave at night)
    - COOP supermarket off Viale Nenni.
    - Parking lot neat Arcipresi tram stop.
    - COOP supermarket on Viale Talenti.

What would be the best choice for us?
    Thank you!

Default Will be driving in from Munich

Hi Lourdes, we will need to park outside the ZTL nearest to Via Dei Fossi. Please help! We will be staying in an apartment for three days and we have someone with us with limited mobility. We know we will probably get a cab to drive us in but I'm having trouble deciding which lot is best. You are very knowledgeable and I trust your advice.

Thank you so much,

Via dei Fossi is definitely in the ZTL area and thus you can't reach it. I am assuming you will park the car while you are in Florence and not using it, so need safe parking lot.

The closest lots I'd recommend - take a look at the map at the top of the page here
    http://www.visitflorence.com/florenc...-florence.html -
    are:
    - Porta al Prato - it is right by the Leopolda station so there are the minibuses C2 and C3 that leave from here and head across town along the Arno river, offering another option for you instead of taxis.
    - Sansovino - costs a bit less per day - and is right along the T1 tram line that takes you into the SMN train station. Walk from there to Via dei Fossi is not far but you can also catch bus 6, 11 or 12 from the station for a few stops to take you to via dei fossi. The buses are all in that ring area in front of the station.

Enjoy Florence!
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Default Parking near Ponte Vecchio

I am staying at a hotel near Ponte Vecchio with my parents for two nights. I was wondering which is the closest parking spot?

I am currently considering the Sansovino one. Any advice is appreciated.

The Sansovino is a good choice, as is the one at Porta al Prato (a little closer).

Default Questions on parking hired cars

Hello.
    First of all, thank you for all the amazing information you provide.
    I am visiting Florence in August. We are are a group of five and have already rented an apartment for 11 days at via del Moro.
    Apart from visiting Florence for several days, we have decided to visit the nearby cities by train: Siena, Pisa, Lucca and Arezzo can be reached more or less easily. However, after reading and more reading, we have just found out that we have to hire a car to visit places that cannot be reached by train, like San Gimignano, Montepulciano and so on, that clearly deserve a visit. So we are hiring a car for three days.
    However, after reading about ZTL and considering the risks of the car being damaged (excess insurance to pay, oh oh), we are looking for a way to minimize the risks of fines and car being damaged somehow.
    So we are thinking about several different possibilities:
    • Finding a car rental service outside ZTL that can be reached easily (go and back) from our apartment.
    • A plan B would be a car rental service that allows returning the car outside ZTL (for instance, Florence airport). I believe that ZTL cameras control access, not exiting. Is it right? In this case we will have to take a transportation from airport to SMN, that seems possible.

Apparently, car rental services close too early to return the car in the same day (except those located at the airport). So we would need to find a cheap parking outside ZTL that allows us to reach via del Moro after parking (by tram, bus or -would be great- on foot). What would you do?
    I know this is a complex question. I am just writing to you in case there is an obvious answer. As we are five we need to calculate if the price of five tickets would be silly to spend.
    Any help would be highly appreciated.
    Best regards and thank you in advance.

Default Sansovino parking...or Hertz?

Hello.
    I have read carefully the forum and have found that Sansovino parking would be optimal. However, I am a bit confused. Looking for a car rental service I have found that Sansovino 53 is EXACTLY the Hertz address. I have managed to find it at Google Street View. Is it right? Is the parking related somehow with Hertz?
    However, another searches seem to show that Sansovino 53 is "Parknet", but I cannot find it at Google Street View where your map indicates. It has no website so I cannot book ahead. Does anybody know if it is possible? In fact, do I need to do it or there will be plenty of free space?
    Thanks to anybody that could answer me.
    -Javier.

Jotavi:

Please read this:
    http://www.visitflorence.com/florence-car-rental/

You are really close to the Borgo di Ognissanti area where there are many car rental agencies so it would make sense to rent from there.

You are also very close to the SMN train station, easy walking distance.

So my suggestion would be to rent from there, and if you rent for several days, to park (take a look at the map at the top: http://www.visitflorence.com/florenc...-florence.html) at either the Coop parking off Viale Nenni (free) or the Sansovino one (paid) - both are very close to tram stops that take you to SMN so would be easy to get back to your apartment.

Share and Bookmark!