Directions to Hotel

Littlehoglet

Hi,
I'm not sure if anyone can help. We are travelling to Florence, arriving from Rome on Sun 19 September for 2 nights (flying back to UK on the Tuesday at 0710)and realised after reading some of the threads in this forum that we have inadvertantly made our main day in Florence a Monday which I've just discovered is when the museums are closed! So, we will need to do them on the Sunday afternoon instead. Because of this time will be tighter than anticipated and wondered if anyone can advise the best way from the main rail station to the hotel we are staying in - Una Vittoria, Via Pisana 59, Florence. We have tried emailing the hotel to get the information but so far no reply. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

The best thing is to contact your hotel to ask them for directions to get there, such as which bus line drops you off the closest. They might take a while to reply but hopefully they will get back to you. Although when you first arrive with luggage you might just want to take a taxi...?

Museums in Florence are not closed on Mondays!! The Uffizi and the Accademia are closed on Mondays, which means they are open on Sundays. There are many other museums in Florence open on Mondays, so you can definitely try to fit those two on Sunday but then be able to fit in other museums you hadn't considered before into your Monday.

Do you love frescoes and paintings? I highly recommend both the Santa Maria Novella and Santa Croce churches with fantastic fresco styles from different periods by Ghirlandaio and Masaccio in the first first and by Giotto in the second. Both are open on Mondays ;-)