24-25 December in Florence

Irina

I will be in Florence 24-25 December and wonder if everything is totally closed or there some places I can visit? Museums, theater or some disco? May be some special christmas events?

Thank you in advance
Irina

Ciao Irina,

If you're going to be in Florence only on those two days and want to see a museum or two, definitely do it on the 24th, that is when they'll be open for sure. But pretty much Christmas concerts (at Teatro Verdi for example), will also be on the 24th.

Discos will likely also be open on the 24th..... and pretty much everything closes on the 25th - so it makes for a perfect day for being out and about and enjoying the outdoors museum that Florence actually is!!

Regardless, we are sure you will have a great Christmas in Florence!! All other visitors to Florence will be in the same boat, you'll see from the numbers outdoors - especially if it turns out into a nice day - that you are not alone!

Ciao Irina,

The city of Florence just published the official schedule and opening times for state and city museums for Christmas and New Year's - take a look at the Christmas weekend schedule here. I'll be writing a post by tomorrow highlighting which ones will also be open on Dec. 26 since that is also a holiday.