Villa Antea - location

Caribgal

I will be traveling to Rome, and then Florence for 3 nights. This will be my first time in Italy so i know there is much to see. I came across a beautiful villa called Villa Antea, however it is a little bit off the beaten path and a distance to the Center and I guess the main attractions. Being that i am staying a short time in Florence, would it make more sense to stay closer to town? Is the villa easy to find from the train that I am taking from Rome? I believe this villa is in a "residential" area. Is the area safe? Are there many cafe's restaurants, bars or shops in the area?

Thank you in advance

Ciao Caribgal!

I know the area where Villa Antea is located, it is a very nice residential area just 1-2 streets outside of the "viali" that surround Florence's historical center - anything within the viali is considered historical center, which is small overall. The area is safe, with restaurants, cafes (called bars in Italy) and shops. I'd likely say that walking distance from the B&B to the center (let's say to Piazza San Marco and thus to the Accademia to be about 20 minutes leisurely walk, to the Duomo maybe 30 minutes. It isn't far from the train station either, but since you'll likely have luggage I recommend taking a taxi or catching the bus rather than walking.

You can check out the info they give on their website here: Villa Antea Location and How to reach Villa Antea.

I'd definitely recommend both that B&B as well as the area, so if you like, I suggest you go ahead and book there :)

Thank you so much. You have been a great help! :)

Ciao Caribgal!

I know the area where Villa Antea is located, it is a very nice residential area just 1-2 streets outside of the "viali" that surround Florence's historical center - anything within the viali is considered historical center, which is small overall. The area is safe, with restaurants, cafes (called bars in Italy) and shops. I'd likely say that walking distance from the B&B to the center (let's say to Piazza San Marco and thus to the Accademia to be about 20 minutes leisurely walk, to the Duomo maybe 30 minutes. It isn't far from the train station either, but since you'll likely have luggage I recommend taking a taxi or catching the bus rather than walking.

You can check out the info they give on their website here: Villa Antea Location and How to reach Villa Antea.

I'd definitely recommend both that B&B as well as the area, so if you like, I suggest you go ahead and book there :)