Florence for 3 days

ger

Hi,
I have been reading all the posts and reply from the forum. It has answer lots of my questions in planning for my first trip to Italy.

However, I still need some helps for the detail planning. We are travelling from Venice to Florence by train and planned to stay in Florence for 3 nights before leaving for Milan.
Initially, we planned to visit only florence historical centre, Pisa, Chianti and Siena. Chianti and Siena region, we will be renting a car to visit as advice by many of the members.

Now, we would like to include Cinque Terre in our plan and would like to stay overnight if possible, which means we have to shorten our stay in Florence to 2 nights instead.

We have revised our plan, please advice if it is possible or if there is any other suggestion.
1) Day 1: arrive Florence and explore the city.
2) Day 2: rent a car and explore Chianti and Siena
3) Day 3: check out of the B&B and head to Pisa early morning by train with our luggage. After Pisa, take a train to Cinque Terre and stay a night there. (Which is a better/more convenient town to stay?)
4) Day 4: check out of the stay in Cinque Terre and take a train to Milan.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,
Ger

Monterosso, Vernazza or Manarola - my favorites!

Ciao Ger!

Cinque Terre is definitely doable in your itinerary after you've seen Chianti and Siena... .return the car and head to the Cinque Terre by train, then continue on to Milan by train as you've already outlined.

The best town to stay in for convenience is likely Monterosso - it is the furthest north and has the most shops and hotels. It was, however, one of the biggest hit by the floods from last October along with Vernazza. Both have managed to reconstruct most of the damage although Vernazza still has a bit to do. Monterosso has mostly returned to normal. You can get more updates on here:
http://savevernazza.com/latestupdates/
http://www.rebuildmonterosso.com/

I personally really enjoy Manarola - it is smaller but still has enough restaurants and lots of charm, it is less crowded than Vernazza and Monterosso. I'm sure you'll love all of the towns - they are easy to get to with the train that travels between them and won't regret staying at any one of them!!