Phone chargers/electronics store

valerie

I posted this thread under General Tourist Info but thought this might be a better place. My daughter just arrived in Florence and needs a cellphone charger. Is there an electronics store in Florence that would cell compatible charges for a US cellphone? She has a travel adapter and just needs to be able to charge her phone! Thank you so much for any info.

Ciao Valerie,

Regardless of it being an American cellphone, your daughter should just to go into any cell phone store she finds in Florence and see if they carry chargers for that model. There are abundant TIM, Vodafone, Wind stores in the center as well as further out. In this way she will have the correct plug AND she won't need a current adapter, just use it as a normal charger back home.

prepaid phone cards

we would like to buy prepaid phone cards for the whole of Tuscany trip. Can you tell us where can we find them.? We will be at Piazza della Signoria, so some place around there. Can you also tell me the stored values they have and the most reliable company.

As to prepaid phone cards and the best companies, that is really difficult to answer as the companies change over time and it has been a while since I personally bought any. The best thing would be to head to the newspaper agent you find on Pizza della Signoria at the corner with Via Calzaiuoli and ask the vendor - he'll likely have several cards on offer and will be able to tell you which ones are better. They are usually sold in €5, €10 and €20 amounts. Otherwise, just ask at your hotel/B&B, they likely also might know from recent guests which might be the best one.