Affitto

Roni

Hi,

I would like to get some information about affitti / sublets , in Florence.
If you have some links, please link them into the forum, and i will see them.
Or if you have some name of newspapers, that usually have some sublet.

Or if you have some good tips, let me know, because i will study in Florence next semester.

Thanks for any support in advance.

Roni :)

studying in Florence

Ciao Roni,

I'd be glad to offer a few suggestions but it would also be helpful to know whether you already have an idea of what you're looking for. More precisely, how many months you are planning on staying and do you already have an idea of a particular area in Florence you'd like to be.
There are many agencies out there that specialize in very short-term rentals aim at tourists, for a week or two. Off the top of my head, I can recommend looking at Merry Go Round, an agency that also offers rentals in Florence for students wishing to stay for a few months. This might be the best place to start, if you give me other details of what you're looking for, I'll try to offer a few more suggestions from which to continue your search.

What school will you be studying in Florence with? Many also offer help in finding rental apartments/studios during your stay. I also studied abroad here in Florence years ago (and ended up staying ;-) ) so feel free to ask questions about that side as well. I am sure you must be looking forward to already being in Florence. :)

answer

Dear Lourdes,

I’d like to rent a flat for only 5-6 months. The flat could be simple, which does not cost a lot. I’m going to learn in the “Unifi, Lettere e Filosofia” and that’s why I need to rent a flat. Additionally, the flat should be somewhere close to the university, or if there is good public transport, it is ok if the flat is not so close to the university.
Thank you in advance!

p.s.: If you have any experiences about Florence, could you share it with me? I would be very grateful for that. :)

Roni

UniFi Lettere e Filosofia is in Piazza Brunelleschi so in the heart of the historical center. You can choose to look for something in the center or anywhere a bit outside of the main perimeter (outside the viali) since prices downtown are pretty high. To move around, definitely use the bus system which is very good - majority of all bus lines run towards the center and out - or you can choose to buy a bike. It is very common to bike around Florence, and especially in the center.

I certainly recommend you get in touch with MerryGoRound (http://www.merrygoround.org/) - Mr. Gogoli is very nice and will do all that is possible to find you a place that is right for a student and for your length of study. In order to budget, many students at the UniFi end up sharing apartments with several other students. Many advertise space in their apartments simply through fliers posted downtown on bulletin boards but hopefully many have moved on to posting online.

If you already understand Italian, you'll likely find more on Italian boards. You should search for "affitti studenti firenze" on Google.it to find online boards where students exchange requests for rooms, you might find a sublet that is more affordable in this way. In English the only online board that comes into mind is http://www.studentsville.eu/forum/forums/default.asp - you should be able to find other useful information on the site as well for studying in Florence.

I could share a lot about studying in Florence, I think though as you get closer to coming you'll have more specific questions and I'll be happy to answer any of them.

Happy apartment searching! :)