Questions about Pitti Palace tickets

unsent

Hi all!
I want to know who can buy reduced tickets? In Pitti Palace, are there 2 ticket types or are there how many types?
Thanks,
Unsent.

Edit: I wrote something wrong on title. It must be Pitti Palace. I am sorry :)

Last edited:
Two tickets for Pitti Palace museums

Hello and don't worry about the title, I corrected it!

There are 2 separate tickets for the Pitti Palace museums.
One is to visit the Palatine Gallery and the Gallery of Modern Art and normally costs €8.50 (price is €13 right now because there is an extra exhibition included in the ticket - you cannot opt out of the extra exhibit unfortunately).
The other ticket lets you enter the Silver Museum, Porcelain Museum, and both the Boboli Gardens and the Bardini Garden. Cost is generally €7 (€10 with the current exhibit taking place).

Then there are the full cost, reduced and free tickets. The "reduced" price tickets are reserving for:
1. EU citizens between 18 and 25 years old.
2. Full time teachers of Italian state schools.
3. Citizens of non-EU countries that have reciprocal agreements in place for allowing Italian citizens enter at reduced rates into their museums (these are pretty rare).

The free tickets are for EU citizens under 18 and over 65 years old, as well as for various other categories but for which the majority of the time tourists don't qualify for.

You can read all the information (including reduced rates) about the various museums at the Pitti Palace on this page: http://www.visitflorence.com/florence-museums/pitti-palace.html

Let us know if you have any other questions!! The Pitti Palace museums are big and have lots of masterpieces, yet generally are ignored by many visitors to Florence.... so we definitely recommend visiting if you can!

edited: to add info on free tickets