Online reservation for Academy Gallery (David)

steam03

I am planning to go visit the original statue of David from Academy Gallery in Florence. I heard that line ups can be very long and online booking is recommended. HOwever, on b-ticket.com, it says the online tickets are full/sold out for the time that I wanted (Jun 28, 2009). Does that mean I can't even line up since it's full for that day?

Other sites have tickets still available but they seem to incorporate the temperary exhibition price into the original entrance fee. I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $. What are some of the sites that are trustable for these types of online ticket purchasing?

I know I can book in advanced thru the phone as well; does this method allow me to skip the long lineup too?

Florence Museum Tickets

From what I understand as regards online Florence museum tickets is that each site - even the official one - only has a certain number of spaces allotted to them. So while one site might show that there are no more tickets for a day or time, another site might still offer them.

Even if you were to find everything booked, it only means that the spaces which were sold for advanced booking are taken -- you can always go and stand in line to get in. There might be a wait, but you will get in eventually.

Unfortunately, you have no choice on whether to see the temporary exhibition or not - when there is one going on, you have to pay the additional $ for that.

As for sites that sell museum tickets - after studying various of them, we decided to partner with Florence Tickets which is specialized in Florence museum tickets. Our experience with them has shown them to be professional and trustworthy despite the additional booking fee. You can reach their site by clicking on the banner found at the bottom of this thread and in this way support our site as well! :)

Thank you for your help.

There seems to be a time to choose for booking it online at other sites. If I book it for 15:00 entrance, does this mean I can only get in after 15:00?

Is 2 hours before closing enough for this Museum?

Thanks in advanced again

Two should be more than enough - it is a museum with a smaller collection that the Uffizi and for that one you need at least 2-3 hours so here you'll have plenty of time.

If you choose a 15.00 entrance, you'll need to be there by that time. I think they do give you like a bit of a leeway if you're late, but essentially if you arrive much later than that they might not give you preference for getting in ahead of everyone else.