Notte Bianca - "White Night" on May 30 2013?

Dill

Hi
My Wife and I are arriving in Florence on April 30! :)
I have some seen some posts from Lourdes from last year about Notte Bianca. Can Lourdes or anyone else let me know what is happening this year? I can't seem to find a website that works for Notte Bianca in Florence this year.
Lastly as we will be just arriving that day, any suggestions as to the best way to enjoy it (in what order to do things etc) would be muchly appreciated.
Thanks
Dill

April 30 us Notte Bianca

Ciao Dill,
Yes, you found the website!
Most of the night's programs are cultural... so museums are open, there's music outdoors, of course many shops also remain open. Remember May 1 is a holiday so everything will be closed (except restaurants).
Hope you and anyone else here on Tuesday can get a chance to enjoy it.
It can get pretty packed so if you see something you really want to do, make the effort to get there early!
Enjoy!

Thanks for the advice Lourdes. I think we may be quite happy to wander around and soak up the atmosphere and perhaps see some of the light shows. I fancy we will try to be near Santa Croce around 11pm!

A couple of other questions...
Can you tell me whether the buses will run on May 1 (perhaps reduced service)? Will the B gardens be open or not?
Lastly what city bus or buses travel from Via G Verdi to the Pollo (University of Firenze) and how long will it take me to get there (not on May 1)?

Many thanks
Dill

program for Notte Bianca

For anyone else interested in Notte Bianca, check out our blog post here:
http://www.discovertuscany.com/blog...ianca-2013-white-night-tuesday-april-30-2657/

As far as buses on May 1- they will follow a holiday schedule for sure, so they will tend to be reduced. You can check specific times and lines here: http://www.ataf.net/

Boboli gardens (as well as all of the state museums in Florence) are closed on May 1 (it is one of the few closings each year that is NOT ever changed).

From via verdi, bus 23 and 23A takes you toward the Polo Universitario. Check timetables on the site above for times.

P.S. Great news - I've actually just seen Cristina's draft blog post for tomorrow morning on what is open on May 1 and it seems that the Boboli Gardens will actually be open on May 1 between 8:15am and 6:30pm.

I'll post a link the link to the article as soon as it is published! Sorry about the above conflicting info.... there are several other museums open in case you want to see them, I highly recommend the Davanzati museum in particular ;)