Free parking near Florence 25.-29.6?

Nikyu

Hello,

First, let me express my gratitude for the awesome work you do here on the site! It's great to have savvy experts like yourselves to help lower the stress level of moving around in a foreign setting.

Now, to the subject: My girlfriend and I are coming to Florence this month (June) by rental car on the night of the 25th, and leaving by day on the 29th. The parking fee for the hotel we are using is much too high for our tastes (20€/day), so we are planning to leave our car at a free parking lot near the city and taking a public transport to the city from there.

Based on the research I've done, the best option so far would seem to be parking at the COOP Supermarket off of Viale Nenni near Scandicci, and taking the tram from Nenni-Torregalli.

My question is: does this sound like a good plan? Will it be alright to leave our car there for 4 nights? If not, what would you recommend as the cheapest way to park our car for the duration of our stay?

Thank you in advance for the help!

Ciao Nikyu! Sorry hadn't seen this earlier - I think you should read this other recent thread where Paul has just shared with us where he left his car for a week for free: in Bottai right after you leave the A1 Impruneta exit as you head to Galluzzo with bus stop right in front.

http://www.discovertuscany.com/foru...e-parking-outside-florence-week.html#post4867

While the coop parking lot is also free, this parking lot is not really visible from the road so would offer some protection in that sense. Don't leave any valuables in the car in any case!