museum passes individual versus "Firenze Pass

Bill Kokesh

We will be coming to Florence in September 2014 (dates not final yet). We will stay 3 maybe 4 days. We want to visit Duomo and its museum, Accademia, Medici palace and museum and the Pitti palace including the Porcelain and Costumes museums.
Does the Firenze card get us into all of these places and museums on "skip the line" basis or is it cheaper and/or better to get individual passes?. I am aware that some sites require reservations as well. Are reservations required even with the Firenze card? Is the current price 73 euro per card?

Ciao Bill,

The Firenze Card gets you into all of the sites you're interested in visiting. You can see more details about the card here along with some analysis of whether it is worth getting or not.

The card is 72 euros for 72 hours.

Taking a look at the museums you listed, if you bought tickets at each place, only getting advance tickets for the Accademia which is the one with the lon line, you'd spend less than with the card:
Duomo and its museum = 10 euro (with the new OPA pass)
Accademia = 15 euro (with reservation)
Medici palace and museum = 7 euro
Pitti palace including the Porcelain and Costumes museums = 7 euro
TOTAL: 39 euro
(note: cost at the Pitti and Accademia can vary if there are temporary exhibitions when you visit, but even with another 10 euro tacked on for those, you'll spend less).

If by Duomo you mean climbing to the top of the cupola, as long as you get there early, you should miss the line.... I've also passed around lunch time and there is almost no line, as all head to eat ;-).

Of course, if you buy the card then you might be encouraged to fit more places in to make it worthwhile... but that is up to you, because sometimes it definitely is better to take your time and see things without being in a hurry. At least, that is how I prefer to see things ;-).

Purchasing individual tickets online.

Lourdes,
Thank you for your response. Most helpful. What online site do you recommend for purchasing individual tickets online?
Bill