Florence custom made skincare

Status
Not open for further replies.

filippa

Hi all,

my name is Filippa and I live in Switzerland. I am planning a trip to Florence in the next days: it is beautiful even in winter!

I would like to go shopping there, and I am interested in unusual stuff.

Someone told me about custom made skincare shop in Florence. Can you tell more about it? Seems interesting.

Thanks a lot

Filippa

Head to the Farmacia di Santa Maria Novella on via della Scala, it is all skincare and perfumes made with natural ingredients for centuries by the monks of the convent. Very interesting and different from the usual!

I know Santa MAria Novella...

Head to the Farmacia di Santa Maria Novella on via della Scala, it is all skincare and perfumes made with natural ingredients for centuries by the monks of the convent. Very interesting and different from the usual!

Thank you Lourdes, .... but it is not what I am looking for. As far as I know, they don't prepare custom made skincare.

In another forum, they suggested Monalys, near via Tornabuoni. Monalys has a website and videos on Youtube. It is a shop with a lab inside with a a large window through which you can look at the shopkeeper preparing your skincare.
Do you know Monalys?

never heard of it before but of course I admit I don't know everything and there must be ones out there that offer that service. I do think that there are still some apothecary shops that prepare mixes and other products based on need. But I can't point you to any in particular, hope someone else can offer some tips!

Ciao Filippa, I went looking for this Monalys to see what they do and they seem to just have opened up this past December, so a very new shop in Florence - and without a doubt, you've managed to publicize it well enough on the various forums where you posted this "question" and then answered it!

While they seem specialized in customized skincare, they also do customized perfumes - and both skincare and perfumes are things that most of the "antica profumerie" in Florence do!! So while the Santa Maria Novella one has many cosmetics and other products already made, the range is so wide that I think most people will also find what they need there as well.
Other historical "farmacie" or pharmacies all created medicine according to need, and all skincare and fragrances were developed by these chemists - you and anyone else can read more about the old "antique" farmacie in Florence on this pdf by the city: www.comune.firenze.it/materiali/turismo/Farmacie.pdf‎

Status
Not open for further replies.