Artist coming to Florence needs help

I am hoping to attend a week long work shop at a private studio,I have a thousand questions.I'm coming from the US and am wondering about info on adaptors for hair dryer,curling iron,Macbook pro,iphone.Can you offer any recomendations as to where I might look for these items?Also,what is the weather like in mid April?Thank you very much.

Ciao Judith! A week long workshop sounds fantastic, what kind of work do you do?
I can just imagine your excitement as well in preparation for your trip, so go ahead and ask away when you have questions :)

As for the adapters and electrical appliances - I am not absolutely positive about the macbook and iphone since I'm a Windows/Android person but most laptops have a converter for the difference in wattage. Italy runs on 50hz while the US runs on 60hz so if there's a box along your cord that does the conversion - look for information on INPUT being: 100-240V - 50-60KZ - then all you'll need is a plug adapter and no need for a converter.

As for the curling iron and hair dryer - those generally do NOT have a converter and the strong current they need both a converter and plug adapter and generally this either makes them not work as well or even fries them. So for those two, I'd recommend leaving them at home and just ask where you're staying at if they have either for you to borrow or buy a cheap model once you're here to use while you're here. If you're here for a week in April, you might even decide to do without..... I know how bad hair can get, but remember you're in Italy - which is more important - and then no one knows you LOL! :D

I took my MacBook Pro and iPhone. You can get adapters at Target in the travel section near the luggage, radio shak or probably walmart. I had no problems charging my computer or phone.

Artist coming to Florence

Thank you,not sure I have the posting down correctly.I will be learning gold leaf techniques.,what is the weather like in mid April?

Artist coming to Florence

I took my MacBook Pro and iPhone. You can get adapters at Target in the travel section near the luggage, radio shak or probably walmart. I had no problems charging my computer or phone.

Thank you very much,what about currency converter?Melany.

Electrical

US current is 60 hz and I believe Europe is 50 hz. Last time we visited Germany we blew out all the circuits in the B & B we stayed in, how embarrassing. We will buy hair dryer and curling iron once we get there.

As bpaff has shared, the difference in current between US and Europe can blow out all of the circuits!
My own experience in traveling with blow dryers (as a student as well), was that even with the converter, the dryer was slower and it will take longer to dry hair so it just doesn't work as well. That's the reason why most hotels provide dryers in the bathrooms so you really might not need to bring your own. As for the curling iron, I'd recommend you buy one here if you can't do without!

Seeing Melany's post, she's confirmed that all you need for the Mac and iphone is the PLUG ADAPTER, no need for current converter. I also recommend you buy the plugs adapters at Walmart or Target (cheaper than here) in the travel section - I've got the box that has all the different ones incorporated and a switch pushes out the one you need.

Mid-April generally has nice weather already, but they can still be a bit chilly and you can expect rain on some days too. I'd suggest bringing light sweaters and a light waterproof jacket so that you can layer and take off/put on as needed. If you have a really small umbrella, bring it otherwise if the need arises, you can just buy one here from the many immigrants that sell them on the street for 5 euro and leave behind when you leave.