what is open and closed for tourists on Unification Day June 2, 2014

travelgypsy

I will be in Florence on 2 June 2014 and am not sure if the shops (in general), museums and tourist attractions will be open. I understand that offices, banks and schools will be closed, but there is no mention on any of the museum websites about this official holiday. I would appreciate it if anyone can provide additional information before I start checking each museum and tourist attraction individually. I am not sure which attractions I am planning to visit so checking every tourist attraction in Florence is a big bullet to bite. Thanks to anyone who can assist.

Shops, museums and everything else is generally open. It is more of an administrative holiday than anything else, so banks will definitely be closed ;-). Most Italians take the opportunity to take a 3 day weekend and will definitely be out and about visiting other cities like tourists, so you can count on most everything necessary will be open.

All museums in Florence will be open, they never close on June 2.

Florence UPDATE

Shops, museums and everything else is generally open. It is more of an administrative holiday than anything else, so banks will definitely be closed ;-). Most Italians take the opportunity to take a 3 day weekend and will definitely be out and about visiting other cities like tourists, so you can count on most everything necessary will be open.

All museums in Florence will be open, they never close on June 2.

Excuse me, what about the vasari corridor tour described on florencepass.com? Thank you for your time

The Vasari Corridor is closed to the general public but IS OPEN to tour groups - since Florence Pass is a tour agency, they organize people into groups who then manage to access the Vasari Corridor.

BUT <-- and that is a big BUT ;) - this year JUNE 2 is a MONDAY - and the Uffizi Gallery is closed on Mondays! That means that NO AGENCY will be having tours on June 2 this year at the Uffizi or at the Vasari Corridor. The Uffizi generally does not close on June 2 but unless they announce an extraordinary special opening for that day this year, it will be closed.